Wały Jagiellońskie 1
80-853 Gdańsk Poland
tel. +48 58 301 09 17
tel. +48 58 301 91 23
fax +48 58 301 76 37
The UBC Executive Board meeting in Kemi 25–27 February 2015 was very proud to take note that UBC Member Cities have responded actively to the founding of new Commissions. Each of the seven Commissions has well over 20 or more members, which gives them an excellent start.
Instead of 12, there are now seven new Commissions: Cultural Cities, Inclusive and Healthy Cities, Planning Cities, Safe Cities, Smart and Prospering Cities, Sustainable Cities and Youthful Cities. Consolidation of Commissions is part of the renewal process of UBC:
“The goal is to make UBC serve even better the interests of its Member Cities and their citizens and to ensure that their voice is heard and interests taken into account in European decision-making”, emphasizes UBC President Per Boedker Andersen.
“We invite all the UBC Member Cities who have not yet informed about their intention to participate in Commissions to do so at your earliest convenience by contacting the Secretariat”.
Detailed information concerning the new Commissions has been sent to the Commissions’ representatives as well as Member Cities’ Mayors and contact persons.
UBC Communications Seminar brings Member Cities and Commissions together
A part of building a new UBC is also renewing UBC’s communications and marketing. As part of the process, UBC Communications Seminar will take place 15–16 April in Turku, Finland.
At the seminar, the new Commissions’ and UBC Member Cities’ representatives have a splendid opportunity to get concrete tools and ideas for their everyday work, a possibility to influence and create new ways of thinking in UBC communications.
- Letter from UBC President Per Boedker Andersen concerning new UBC Commissions (103.16 KB)
- UBC Communications Seminar in Turku 15–16 April 2015: Communications Manager Irene Pendolin: email@example.com / +358 40 848 6242.
- List of member cities in the Commissions (53 KB)
- Commission’s contact information
Cultural Cities Commission (25.26 KB)
Inclusive and Healthy Cities Commission (26.07 KB)
Planning Cities Commission (30.57 KB)
Safe Cities Commission (24.66 KB)
Smart and Prospering Cities Commision (27.41 KB)
Sustainable Cities Commission (29.06 KB)
Youthful Cities Commission (26.11 KB)
- List of Member Cities still to respond (29.01 KB)
- List of Member Cities in UBC’s Communications Network and contact information (15.86 KB)
UBC’s Executive Board convened in Kemi in February and was delighted to find that Member Cities are taking an active role in building the new Commissions. In Kemi UBC also received a new member: Ber-gen auf Rügen.
- Territory Matters. What`s beyond 2030 for Macro-Region?
- Joint UBC Commission Meeting “Cultures of Sustainability in Baltic Cities”
- Open meeting of the UBC Working Group on Gender Equality in Gdańsk
Chancellery of the President ¤ Multimedia Department